Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Honey I'm home!



We are in! We are finally in! On our moving day we took a break for lunch and for some reason I cried. Like an idiot, in the restaurant. Great. Ha! Moving day went pretty well though! We were able to take the dogs to the groomers ((the best part about having 3 huskies is how long a trip there takes)) we had a good 4 hours with no dogs! ((Woohoo)) and when we picked them up our friend Steven met us at the house with a big bottle of Makers Mark to celebrate! ((He's a life saver)) and celebrate we did! At some point in that night our horrid cable company called us to schedule a new appointment for the one the botched the day before I won't name any names.... COMCAST! But they suck. Am I using them right now? Yes. Why? Because verizon is not in our area yet. 

Moving (3 days total) was less than eventful, our feet hurt from walking on the new tile, we had bruises and scrapes from walls and boxes, our old neighbors scavenged our "throw aways" before we were even finished moving ((we expected this, someone would come on trash days and grab all the cans from the recycle bins)) and we had to pay for two days rent. This was also expected since this creepy man we called our landlord was still driving a 1980 Buick. Is $73 bucks a big deal? No. But considering we payed our rent on time, cleaned the place better than when we found it, and we had to buy locks and chains to keep him out ((yes, keep him out. He liked to pop by to check things out and left our gates open)) you think he would cut us just a small break for 2 days. Whatever. It's over and done and never again will we have to deal with Drunken Mexican karaoke (unless by choice) , random hamburgers thrown over the fence, SWAT shutting down our street, or cat attacks. 3 days before we were to move I came home to SWAT shutting down our street and all of the surrounding streets, to this day I still don't know why.... My neighbor (who doesn't speak good English) made stabbing and wrist cutting motions so I'm guessing there was a serial killer on the loose. 2 days before we moved this cat (who I warned once when I found him) was in the yard and Remmi got ahold of him, thankfully he only knows how to play fight and when he was pulled off of the cat it seemed to be fine.... Well then it ran up the fence and my sweet sweet Sooks grabbed that cat by the back and body slammed it to the ground. If you know my girl you know she seems like she wouldn't hurt a fly.... 


I know most of you think I have abandoned ship.... Well we still have big projects in the works.... Like our new deck! 
Dean, our deck builder from Collins Construction was here promptly at 8:00am! I think I'm finally over the feeling of being annoyed by people working on the house.... Only to have more people working on the house ha. We met with him a little over a week ago and he came with a huge book of photos ((you all know how much I love pictures)) I was making jalapeño poppers when he came to measure everything out and I damn near choked him to death by it... But he still wanted the job! 
Santa dropped off the materials bright and early... No joke. Santa. 
I had a little talk with the dogs about micromanaging the project....
But obviously they choose not to listen to me. 

SANTA. 

After day one I am stoked on the progress! 
Yes, I felt like a creep taking photos from the windows but the dogs ((who had to be crated since they wanted to help so bad)) would have gone crazy if i was out there without them.


A little background on this project: We knew since the start that we wanted our outdoor space to really be something special not only for these beasts

But for us Humans to enjoy as well! It's florida for heavens sake! I mean it's December and I'm still blasting my a/c!!! Outside is where it's at!!! 
We have had 2 official quotes (1 unofficial but it was a good starting point) our first was from Dean and our second was from Lowes... After being dicked (lack of a better word) around by a couple goofs they sent over our quote a week later at over DOUBLE what Dean had given us. Seriously it was the most laughable quote I have seen in.... Well like a week but seriously. To make it worse they had 199 sqft of decking that they were either trying to slip in sneakily or they just really didn't want the job. We had our sod placed around the areas we were putting the deck so it's not like they didn't know how big or how small to make it. The CAD drawing that was sent over wasn't even right. I just don't understand but you know what... Thats Lowes for ya. ((They did fill a gap in our carpet with dirt. Yes, dirt.)) 

I know you guys are waiting for pictures of the inside but you'll have to wait a little while longer, we finished up the painting projects we started before moving in and have begun to decorate but we are still in need of some furniture ((dining room chairs, coffee table, night stands, lamps...ect)) in due time. All that matters is that we are here and we are home. 


Just a couple of 20somethings in love and living in our beautiful home we created from the ground up. I couldn't be happier. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text