Social Icons

Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

TS Andrea

I cant think of a better time to make a blog entry, while we sit here in the middle of our first named storm of the 2013 Hurricane season! Welcome to our lovely state Andrea! I'll give everyone a quick weather update:

We are on day 3 of rain, rain, and well more rain. The real storm rains started last night around 6 and havent stopped since. My littlest of the 3 dogs as much as he loves drinking water he refuses to go outside in the rain. We have been in a tornado warning for the past 40 min. No big deal all part of living in paradise! My garden box is holding up great so far just saved my corn crop from drowning this morning but thats my fault for not making sure it was able to drain.


A lot has happened since I last updated. I'm finally over my sick, we have a roof, we have interior walls, trimmed up our trees, and we have windows! I had to wait a bit to update since our windows came in a little early and we werent quite ready to install them so they were sitting in the bathroom. 
Here they are! Sitting pretty waiting for install day!
I'll get into the windows here in a second but lets first talk about walls!
Welcome to my closet! After almost my whole life of sharing a closet I thought that I would reward myself with this little gift. Years and years of near death fights with my two sisters over who is wearing each others clothing or what went missing and who was the last one to see it and even some times where you would find a picture on Myspace with one of them wearing something that you never gave them permission to have in the first place, I now have a place for my clothes to relax :) Mind you the closet raid still happens every now and again but now its more civil and less like a battle to the death.  
From where I am standing to where my small camera case is on the floor is the length of it. Not quite a Beverly Hills closet but still something any woman would be excited to have! Bless my husbands heart his closet isnt as big but its still bigger than what we are sharing now in the rental. 

Moving on to my next favorite place in the house....
My pantry. 
This was just put in 2 days ago so I swear I didnt change my clothes! (yes thats another orb) This is a true preppers pantry. No I dont extreme coupon and I'm not really a prepper but I do like to have everything I would ever need to whip of a batch of cupcakes at the drop of a hat! Cooking is serious business for me. This also can turn into an office if we decide our home office needs to be an extra bedroom. You are looking in from where the double ovens will be. The door is on the side so you can enter easily from the garage. My little noodle arms need the shortest distance for grocery carrying. This is where I will hopefully write a cookbook or two. I have a few in the works now but one is just for my sister and it will contain most but not all of my kitchen secrets. 

Got The Hubs to pose for a picture of our office! That great big window in there is going to be wonderful while I paint or just glue sparkly things on to non sparkly things. We have the option to add a closet to it right now and call the house a 4 bedroom but its not on the top of our list right now. The 2 guest bedrooms are enough, I know all my family up north will be down here soon enough I need one room to hide out in :) I kid I kid I cant wait to have you all come stay with us! 

This is the Kitchen/ Dining/ Living room space I didnt take a new photo from this area yet but the first bathroom and guest bedroom have been framed up along with the laundry room. We made a change for a pocket door in the laundry room which cost us a little bit but I think its going to be much better than closing myself off in that room. I have big plans for the paint colors in that room, it will be one of our darkest colored rooms in the whole house. 

This beautiful archway is looking into our bedroom from the hallway. You can see both doorways for the closets. We had back to back closets in the last house and it was crappy when I would spend some OCD time re-arranging my closet and The Hubs would be trying to talk to me it was like I was in my own little world. Now that we share a closet for some reason we tend to match. Yuck that makes us "that couple" so hopefully that fixes that issue too. Maybe I should stop buying him bright colors to wear. :/ 


When our land was cleared up the first time they didnt clean up our back trees very well. We had some iffy branches that hung over the roof and on the side yard we had a few branches that were actually on the roof. We asked our friend who has done some work for us before to come out and clean them up. He gave us a really great deal on it and it opened up the back yard. We now have about 6 years till we need to trim them again. Our neighbors have a few trees that are iffy as well so we sent him over there to talk to them and they will end up cutting a few down. 

This is The Hubs in action telling me how I should frame up a photo. Haha 

Here she is with the windows in and the roof complete! We are going to have a few of them replaced. According to PGT sometimes their impact windows have some distortion in the glass... and while a little bit might be normal our bathroom and dining room windows have too much to fall into that category and they are sending over new ones. In some places its kinda like looking through a magnifying glass from a far distance. :( The windows themselves are made up of a double pane of glass with gas in between them, it helps to really block out any outside noise and helps when it comes time to get homeowners insurance! I wont lie to you... we had a bit of a panic when we saw the distortion in the windows that eventually made us call Todd to see what we could do about it. 

The front door should be in this month so fingers crossed that it has no issues! We also will have our stucco done by the first week of July which means we need to pick our paint color! eek! We have a few colors in mind but we have to see the stone that is going on the front of the house first and play off of that. 

We also got our first quote on flooring. We got it at regular price and not at contractors price and surprisingly we didnt go over budget on it! The wood tile that we are going to do slowly is showing up in more and more places so we have some time before we need to lock in what we actually want. 

Still going back and forth on the cabinets. We have heard back from yet another cabinet company and she didnt even make a design just flat out told us that she wasnt going to be able to get us within our budget. How sweet. She did call today, possibly because we got our quote for our flooring from them as well to let us know that she is actually making a design for us. I feel like a little salt was poured into my cabinet wound so we probably wont go with them unless it actually is do-able. I'm tired of wasting my time with cabinet people. Last week we dropped off our floor plans to another cabinet design center and she said she would have something for us by the end of the day.... its now thursday and we have not seen one email. We called her yesterday and she said she was working on it "sporadically". I could seriously get more done by banging my head against the wall than what these people are doing. Obviously making money for your company is not a top priority for you. 
<angry eye roll> 

I think we have made some positive advances to more of what we want for our light fixtures. 
This cool guy here is going to go over our dining table. 

3 of these over the kitchen island.

Garage hallway light. Better than the standard builders light that may or may not resemble a boob. 

This little baby is hopefully going over my bathtub. The Hubs has a fear of it dropping it into the bath and stabbing him. I am also working on him to replace his want for a fan in the bedroom for a chandelier. 
My dreams would be a little bit sweeter if I had this glorious fixture in the middle of our room. 
This magic carpet is my dream rug for the living room. Since we are going to have the dark grey couches I wanted something thats really going to liven things up a bit. I hope they still have the larger size when we go to order it. 
Found this decorator hack website. Seriously I think the whole time I looked on this site my mouth was hanging open! Sure I know how to hang a picture but this place tells you everything. I mean everything. If you dont believe me then check it out for yourself. As I was trying to show The Hubs I think I literally blew his mind. He then told me it was too much and I needed to stop showing him. It's like one stop shopping on how to correctly decorate a room. I died. 

Well gotta go the winds are picking back up and I want to head home! 




1 comment:

  1. It was a good idea to install a lot of windows around your house. This makes your house open to natural light, making it energy efficient. You can never go wrong with windows; just make sure to install them in proper places to better enjoy their benefits.

    -Allyson Ripple @ DnMRoofing.net

    ReplyDelete

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text