Social Icons

Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Paint!

Hello all! I'll keep this one relatively short and sweet for now with a nice smattering of photos! 

Here are all 6 of our final paint colors! From all the input we had we pretty much still did our own thing :) haha sorry everyone! Doesn't our stucco look fantastic though? When I started painting the first round of 3 I kept looking at them and thinking of the 3 Little Bears... only they were all wrong. The second set of 3 was more to my liking! The row on the right contains our paint color... can you guess which one?! 

Here is the house primed and ready for paint! I was able to take my top 2 back out and paint it on top of the primer, this gave me a better idea for the final result of the color since it wasn't absorbed as much as it was on just the fresh stucco. 
We visited one morning before work and we were able to thank one of the guys painting the house! The color that we ended up going with was from a new collection from Valspar! 
A Sherwin Williams rep even came out to the house to see the color! 
So here is the beautiful paint color! Yes, its still in the early stages since the windows have no trim... but its so beautiful! The Hubs was worrying so much about me not liking it since we decided to pull the trigger so to speak. I cant love it enough! It just has this glow to it... haha okay I'll stop... but you have to admit its really a nice color! 
Insert silly Hubs picture! Found this cutie while I was taking my normal photos! Love him!! (That's just primer on the walls by the way
I watched him from the porch just roaming around the yard looking up into the trees... 
Surprise! He was actually looking for these vines hanging down so he could pull them! (This man has thoughts of a tree house as well)

Once he pulled most of what he could down....
Jumping really high was clearly the next option to help rid us of these vines.
But sadly, that was not his last...
So up I went. We learned this skill of being able to reach anything via Circus act because we didn't own an actual ladder for the longest time! Do you know how hard it is to change the battery of a dying smoke detector with no ladder!?? That random beeping alone is enough to make you go crazy! 

BEEP.

Needless to say I now know where the hammock is going to go. 
This was just breathtaking to look up into! 


BEEP.



Yay!!! Our front wall is going in! I had no idea what kind of roots we had under there but wow that was some back breaking stuff there! 

Today when we came out to the house the first part of the cement was poured! Scary! :) 
Oh this is going on across the street.
Uh huh, our house was too tall so he decided to build his fence up... well guess what neighbor I'm going to buy a paint gun and paint it white. This annoys me. 



On a happy note... we brought all 3 dogs for the first time! We just couldn't wait! We ran around in the yard for a little bit and then took a walk into the neighborhood! It was so peaceful and quiet! 
Okay time for me to get some sleep! I am super overworked and in need of a trip to St. Thomas... ((cough love you babe cough)) 
















No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text