Social Icons

Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

MOVING!


Tonights joyous episode will go through the in's and out's of how to pack like you have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder :) Swear not making fun of anyone because I am an admitted control freak and once thought that I liked to be super organized but it got a little out of hand!
Here we have our wonderful 26 foot Uhaul we rented tonight! Not sure if we needed one this big but hey it was the same price as the smaller one and we just might be able to fit everything in it at once!
Got all my cleaning supplies packed up and ready to go first trip over to the rental. Sure it may look clean but you never can be too sure, this will make easy storage under the sink and a quick grab to the new home too! 
Yup this house we are moving out of is about 3700sq ft but having all these boxes out in the living room for days is just irritating and doesnt look so clean... so here we have jam packed a spare bedroom closest to the garage. You may notice the pink and blue tags on top of 90% of the boxes and this would be the contents of each box. Too much? Possibly. But keep in mind we will be moving to the new house in less than a year. I packed each box knowing that I was either going to use this stuff or it could sit together for a few months and I make due with what I have used. Yes I bubble wrapped my mermaid statue. Dont judge me! :) 
Okay. So I admit it I dont always make the wisest box content choices, but they sure are interesting. No you are not seeing things... this box is lopsided, has a metal horn sticking out, and contains one of many of my animal heads inside. I havent even taken down or wrapped my huge Eagle head and wings hanging above my bed. Crap. The bed. It's 12:30 at night and I have just put up my swollen feet and we havent even taken apart our king size bed. :( The Hubs....is sleeping. 
Note to self on this one: when Target has a clothes hanger on wheels on sale for $8 it will look like this.  Not wise, go for the $40 one next time I think this is precariously perched on the Christmas boxes stacked behind it. Yes, it does have wheels but they forgot to say: "Will only roll when filled with infant clothing."
This Gem of a photo is something I am super excited about. My older sister taught me that if you use garbage bags and rubberbands you will have makeshift garment bags! Hold the phone, I am not waisting garbage bags... I'm not sure if any of you have used the forceflex bags lately but every time I pull the bag out these jerks have been ripped. I filled a bag with pillows and it ripped! PILLOWS! 
Bye bye small walk-in closet! They are excited for the new house and a bigger closet.... I havent told them yet that they must go to a smaller closet for a few months. :( 

2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of boxes to handle. But I think you can handle it well with lots of patience on your side. Anyway, using garbage bag as a garment bag is a nice idea. Just choose a stronger plastic bag to make sure it won't rip. Thanks for sharing!

    Clay Delgado @ WorldPackagingCo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome,
    thank you so much for sharing such an wesome

    blog..
    really i like your site.
    i enjoyed...
    Canterbury Relocations

    ReplyDelete

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text