Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Raise the roof

Its time for another blast of photos!!! Our trusses are here!!!!!! I have a few days of photos here 
This stack is actually taller than me...



Told you! (we were going to the gym afterwards so please dont mind my outfit)


I wont bore you with all the artsy fartsy truss photos I have, but this was one of my favs out of the bunch! I loved the smell of them and we were both super excited to see them on the property when we pulled up!!

Hello front entrance! Once the cement hardens more they will remove the styrofoam forms and our glorious arches will be revealed!

Already we have a draining problem in our shower! Ha little construction humor! But yes you are looking at our shower and the pipes for our double shower heads! Hooray!!


These photos are from this past wednesday and this my friends is our first interior wall! 

By friday we had all of our trusses set for the guest rooms, bathrooms, and garage! 

They even started laying the plywood on them!

So much more to do! Caught The Hubs standing here for a bit just staring up at it. We really are so proud of how far we have gotten with our dream home :) 

Found this huge bolt in the garage and then located where it went... Yes, this giant beast is what is anchoring our one wall to our exterior wall. Built tough. Hurricane parties will be held at our house fo sho! 

Had to get a shot of us with our trusses! 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way that the colors turned out in this photo. We were expecting rain so we headed out to the house real quick. We got a call from Todd and he asked us if we went out to the house (this is saturday) and we told him nah we went the day before and didnt expect a change on a saturday... well surprise surprise! He had the crane come out early saturday morning and set all of the trusses we had left!!! 

ALL OF THE TRUSSES ARE SET AT CASA DE MEGA HOME! (you can see just how tall everything suddenly is when I am standing next to it! I'm 5'3 B-T-Dubs. 

I then attempted to take a photo with the timer... if you want to see funny you need to see me run, in a long skirt, in flip flops, in the dirt. Yes. I almost fell and I only had 10 seconds to get to this spot. 

WOO!!!! 

WOO AGAIN!!


Just a nice shot looking out at our patio from the master bedroom! 

And of couse the shot from the back yard. 

We decided that a little rain wasnt going to ruin the beauty of our home so we headed out to a tiki bar to grab a refreshment and watch the sunset. 

It was just as beautiful as our home. 

4 comments:

  1. Everything's coming along! :) Your house seems to be big, it is a bungalow? I can see that it has a very tall ceiling which I love! Put a ground to ceiling window so you can let some natural light in and gaze on the beauty of your surroundings.Bryon Sedillo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks Amazing! The backyard view is breathtaking! Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your excitement is contagious! Haha! Your dream house definitely looks great now with all those trusses put up. I see you have unique ideas for the whole house. What are your plans for the roof? Anyway, a house construction takes long processes to accomplish, but I am sure that yours is going to be exciting and interesting. Good luck and congratulations so far!

    Katchmark

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your outfit was fine. Hehe! If you want to get involved in a project like this, it's better to wear lose and comfortable clothes so that can move easily if you need to check or do something. Anyhow, I checked out your other posts and saw that the roof was already installed. That's great! You still have a lot of things to work on though. Never mind that because you're going to have your dream house soon. Good luck! :)

    Lue Madson @ DryTech Roofing Company

    ReplyDelete

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text